Vulcan has recently made several updates to the Foxall® with new system controls and an operator interface that is more user-friendly than ever. This system has always offered simple programming (online or offline), but now software updates make it more efficient and easier to use.
The operator interface features a touch screen HMI where the operator can access Equipment I/O status, Recipe Management, Alarms and PM reminders, Password Protection, and has the ability to connect to the customer’s network. Another advantage is Remote Online Diagnostics which permits Vulcan real-time remote access to the control system and all parameters/programs. This simplifies diagnostics and support while minimizing down-time.
An optional Force Control Function allows the next level of adaptability and optimization. This tool improves grinding efficiency by using a force/torque sensor mounted between the robot and the spindle. Now the system can automatically change TCP speed in response to feed force, therefore improving material removal rate and accuracy.
Additional system updates include:
- Live view interior camera to safely monitor the system while in operation
- New Software for simplified upgrades
- Software is not OS-dependent, Java based for compatibility
- Updated Hardware
- All Electrical components that are off the shelf and readily available
- Safety measures that meet current industry standards
- Industrial computer with touch-screen operator interface
Existing, proven technology and features:
- Simple part fixturing
- Bar code that allows for automatic program loading
- Six degrees of freedom that provides virtually unlimited access of the robot to the part
- Facilitates fast fixture change
- Ample program storage
- Optional automatic quick-change spindle that accepts an array of tools as needed
- Self-contained construction and simple utility hookup that allows for easy relocation with no calibration or re-teaching necessary to restart production.
- Off-line programming during production
Together these updates and the existing technology allows several advantages such as monitoring of machine and operator performance through information such as production numbers and cycle times. It is also simple enough to use that operators can be trained in just a few hours. The improved control system, in addition to its already flexible design, makes the Foxall® one of the best options on the market for automated casting finishing cells.
If you want to provide fast, reliable, consistent product finishing or would like to learn more information on the Foxall® and its capabilities, please visit the Foxall® page.