This system is capable of automatically loading one foam cluster into the flask at the compaction station for two complete cycles before reloading. The system includes a shuttle table, vertical lift and rotating frame assembly.
• Operator loads the shuttle table with foam clusters. The table contains two sets of fixtures (Customer supplied) which shuttle into and out of the vertical lift pick up position. After loading both shuttle fixtures, the operator is free to perform other tasks for two complete cycles of the cast line.
• The batch hopper lowers to its lowered height position above the flask. The fixture mounted in the rotating frame assembly is now located above the shuttle table pick up position.
• The vertical lift transfers the foam fixture (Customer supplied) off of the shuttle base, thereby indexing the cluster up to the capture position.
• The tooling, located within the rotating frame assembly (Customer supplied) captures the cluster; the batch hopper then raises removing the cluster from the vertical lift.
• The rotating frame assembly indexes 180°, positioning the cluster above the flask.
• A pneumatically operated shot pin cylinder engages into the rotating frame, precisely locating the foam cluster above the flask.
• The vertical lift lowers the fixture back onto the shuttle table.
• The shuttle indexes the next cluster into position.
• The batch hopper lowers the cluster into the flask. Simultaneously, the opposing tooling picks up a new cluster at the shuttle table pick up position.
• Sand fill/compaction cycle begins.
• When the compaction cycle is completed, the vertical lift transfers the second fixture off of the shuttle base, thereby indexing the cluster into the rotating frame assembly capture position.
• The tooling located within the rotating frame assembly captures the next cluster.
• The tooling releases the cluster inside the flask.
• The batch hopper raises and the rotary frame indexes 180° back to its original position.
• The cycle is repeated.